How we clean and disinfect all customer properties during Covid- 19?
We, Iva Cleaning Services London always want to be the Leader in Cleaning Business. That’s why it’s important to revisit our cleaning routine to make sure we’re doing what we can to protect ourselves, you and your guests (Airbnb customers). We want to help, so we’ve put together some guidelines based on insight and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We all Follow these cleaning guidelines when we clean/disinfect your property.
- Wear disposable gear during the clean. Personal protective items like gloves, gowns, and face masks or cloth facial coverings can provide additional protection. We all make sure that we throw gloves out after each cleaning and then immediately wash our hands.
- All Iva Cleaning cleaners open the windows/doors before the clean. Allow fresh air to circulate for at least 20 minutes. If possible, we leave all windows open during the entire cleaning process.
- We wash our hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning. Use soap and water, and wash for at least 20 seconds. If that’s not possible, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean, then disinfect. Use detergent or soap and water to remove dirt, grease, dust, and germs. Once the surface is clean, spray with a disinfectant. Let it stand for a few minutes, then wipe with kitchen paper or disposable cloth.
- We don’t touch our face while cleaning. To prevent the spread of germs, the CDC recommends not touching your face, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands—so pay extra attention when cleaning.
- Use the right disinfectant. Most common household disinfectants registered by the Environmental Protection Agency, as well as cleaning solutions with diluted household bleach or at least 70% alcohol, are believed to be effective against the corona virus. We pay special attention to frequently touched surfaces, like light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles.
- We don’t forget about sofas, rugs, drapes, and other soft, porous surfaces. Carefully remove any visible dirt or grime, then clean with the appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces. If possible, machine-wash items according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Our Linen partner wash all linens at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer. That includes bed sheets, mattress covers, hand and bath towels, kitchen towels, and blankets. Remember to wear gloves when handling dirty laundry, and take care to avoid shaking laundry, which could increase the spread of germs.
- Clean and disinfect laundry baskets and hampers. If possible, consider using a liner that is either disposable or that you can throw into the washing machine.
- We empty the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning. We wipe down the vacuum cleaner with disinfectant, along with appliances like your dishwasher and washing machine.
- (Airbnb customers only)- While restocking your supplies, we take a moment to check expiration dates.
- Line trash cans. Placing bags into trash bins will make it easier to dispose of tissues and other waste.
- Dispose of or wash your cleaning supplies. If we’re using paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and other disposable cleaning supplies, we take the trash out after we’re done. If we’re using cleaning cloths and other reusable products, we make sure to machine-wash them at the highest heat setting appropriate for the material.
- Safely remove any cleaning gear. When we’re done cleaning, immediately remove any protective outerwear like gowns, gloves, or masks, and dispose of them or wash accordingly. We always remember to wash our hands for at least 20 seconds afterwards.
We hope you find these cleaning guidelines useful during this difficult time. We’ll continue to update our recommendations as the situation evolves. In the meantime, please visit the CDC website for more information on COVID-19 and advises.
Thanks and Keep safe! Iva