Coronavirus, also known as Covid-19 unfortunately has a dramatic effect on the tourism industry and gives one of its worst effects since the 9/11 attacks due to its rapid spread. Due to the extremely large number of people working in the tourism industry globally, the impact of reduced travel has inevitably an additional impact on the hospitality industry and short-term travel. There is an increasing number of countries experiencing a rapid increase in cases of coronavirus, such as Japan, Italy and France. The effects on the hospitality industry and short-term travel are largely due to the decline in international travel. Many people are cancelling their vacations through well-known sites – Airbnb, Booking, HomeAway and others.
To minimise the chance of exposure to the virus international and local governmental organisations recommend not to undertake unnecessary travel and risk of proximity to people who have recently travelled to countries where there is a significant number of cases of the virus. Airports are marking many of these boxes, so it is not surprising that more and more people are avoiding them unless necessary. Not only international travel is affected. Local or national travel will also be gradually curtailed due to the nature of the Coronavirus, which has an asymptomatic incubation period of 14 days when it is highly contagious. The risks of exposure without the usual warning signs (high fever, cough, sneezing, shortness of breath) are common daily activities such as commuting, using public transport, shopping at a supermarket, using the London Underground, dining at a restaurant, visiting a crowded movie theatre, etc. The same can be said for the use of hotels or short rooms, where traffic is less and closeness to others is limited – but exposure to recently used beds, sheets, towels, toilets and showers and goggles/glasses creates a bigger direct risk of exposure to contaminated objects, surfaces and materials.
We, at Iva Cleaning Services would like to assure you that we are doing our best to maintain an extremely high level of cleaning. We and our linen delivery partners make sure that the linen is washed and dried in very high temperature, also the cleaning is done with professional and high recommended products. UK Government announced in last few days that there are affected people who haven’t travelled abroad, it means that the virus spreads very quickly and it’s not a matter of international travel anymore. The World Health Organisation has stated that it is too early to declare a pandemic but that all nations should prepare for it. The future impact the Coronavirus will have on travel and the hospitality industry depends on how quickly a widespread cure for the virus can be produced and disseminated globally.
Iva Cleaning Services London will try to reduce the risk of spreading the Coronavirus by using some tips and advices for the cleaners and customers:
1. The most important thing is to wash your hands every time you go out/in. We instructed our cleaners to disinfect the door handles and spray every worktop with antibacterial products.
2. No handshaking is allowed now with meeting guests, etc.
3. Our cleaners are instructed to do deeper cleans in the properties and more specifically remote controls, switches, bathroom mirrors, etc.
4. We advise our customers to do carpet and upholstery cleaning of their furniture more regularly now.
5. Cleaners are using public transport but where possible to avoid it.
6. We instructed our cleaners to wear masks and gloves to protect themselves and prevent the spread of the virus.
7. Our linen partners wash and dry all linen, towels, etc in temperatures exceeding 60 degrees in order to ensure disinfection.
8. All our members of staff who can work remotely are send to work from home until future notice. 9. We will routinely monitor guidelines established and advised by the NHS to ensure our work process and procedures are in-line with risk-mitigating measures.
We hope that with Spring coming the virus will slow down and we can travel free to all countries and without any fears for our health.